Jim III,

If the high spot on the lobe of the camshaft is in the right (wrong?) position, it could be a little more difficult to intall the pump. I have also had to use the mounting bolts to "pull-in" a fuel pump (I suppose I could have more easily rotated the engine in order to place the cam lobe in a more propitious position?).

cmayna,

Here are some photos of a dual action pump on a 235 (it looks just the same on a 261 and 235). Please note that the fuel supply-line has not yet been attached to the rear of the fuel pump (upper part of the pump). Also, the vacuum lines are reversed on the lower part of the fuel pump (I will correct this when we come out of the winter freeze).

As I recall, I used 1/4 inch brake lines for the vacuum lines (with appropriate adapters). One line is routed under the thermostat housing (to the intake manifold) and the other line is routed above the thermostat housing (with the fuel line to carb and the vacuum advance line from carb to distributor advance) and then routed along the valve cover to a hose from the wiper motor (at/near the firewall. All pipes are, of course, routed such that the valve cover is still easy to remove.

Tim

[img]http://home.nycap.rr.com/lederman/images/DAfuelpump1.jpg[/img]
[img]http://home.nycap.rr.com/lederman/images/DAfuelpump2.jpg[/img]
[img]http://home.nycap.rr.com/lederman/images/DAfuelpump3.jpg[/img]