Rattletrap,
I'm going through almost the exact same process on my 1940 1/2 ton. So far, I've had my frame completely stripped, sandblasted and PC'd. When I dropped off the frame for sandblasting and PC'ing I specifically told the guy what I wanted done, including having both bumper mounts removed prior to doing anything. When I went to pick it up I was disappointed that he apparently didn't hear a word I was saying. One bumper mount was removed but not the other. How stupid can you get! So now I've got to have him redo part of the job.

Also, I was planning on having my front axle assy, rear end, etc. PC'd. But a couple of really knowledgeable old hotrod guys got ahold of me and said that would be a mistake. They've both PC'd their running gear in the past and say that it's very susceptible to rock chips and other damage. They both highly recommended just painting the running gear since it can more easily be touched up in case of rock chips and the like. So that's what I've done. I had my driveline guy remove the diff and axles, etc. and just give me the housing. This also gave me an opportunity to clean out the axle housing and driveshaft enclosure really well before taking everyting back to him for reassembly. It really needed to be cleaned out, too, after sandblasting. I wouldn't want to reassemble everything with all that sand in there. I sprayed Brake Kleen into the axle housing and used a round toilet brush to get it absolutely sparkling clean!

That's my 2 cents.


Neil
1940 GMC 1/2 Ton