The only advantage I can see to a bigger filter is more filter media exposed to the oil. It won't filter any better, just longer, before it clogs up. That's the reason for running the extended filter on a commercial engine, longer runtime between changes. If I'm running my smallblock engine from New York to Los Angeles on a regular basis, I can change oil and filter in L.A. and make a round trip before it's time to change again, if I'm running the big fliter.
Jerry


"It is better to be silent and be thought a fool than to speak and eliminate all doubt!" - Abraham Lincoln
Cringe and wail in fear, Eloi- - - - -we Morlocks are on the hunt!
There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self. - Ernest Hemingway
Love your enemies and drive 'em nuts!