| |
Click on image for the lowdown. 
====
| | | Forums66 Topics128,124 Posts1,056,347 Members48,441 | | Most Online14,466 Apr 26th, 2026 | | AD Chevy Trucks Over 6,000 pictures Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips. Check them out!
Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!
| | THANKS!
For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for over 30 years! and not clogged down with Ads! Again, thanks! | | | | Joined: Jun 2005 Posts: 37 Wrench Fetcher | | Wrench Fetcher Joined: Jun 2005 Posts: 37 | Well I got myself a really bad wheel cylinder leak, I found this out when my foot went clean to the floor while trying to stop my 3/4 ton 49 chevy like Fred Flintstone. Anyways, I've been every where and nobody will touch this rear brake job, cause they say it's too hard to do. Something about the 3/4 ton axel. So I need advice to do it myself. I can buy wheel cylinders for the rear for about $50.00 a pop, or rebuild kits for about $10.00 a pop. Is rebuilding the rear cylinders that hard, or should I just replace the wheel cylinder? And do I need special tools?
Thanks in advance, Sam | | | |
Entire Thread
|
HELP, ADVICE NEEDED 3/4 TON BRAKES
| sam49chevy | 07/08/2005 7:57 AM |
Re: HELP, ADVICE NEEDED 3/4 TON BRAKES
| Fumblin46 | 07/08/2005 9:11 AM |
Re: HELP, ADVICE NEEDED 3/4 TON BRAKES
| V6 jimmy | 07/08/2005 11:10 AM |
Re: HELP, ADVICE NEEDED 3/4 TON BRAKES
| Fred T | 07/08/2005 2:33 PM |
Re: HELP, ADVICE NEEDED 3/4 TON BRAKES
| truckernix | 07/08/2005 3:49 PM |
Re: HELP, ADVICE NEEDED 3/4 TON BRAKES
| p.j. | 07/08/2005 5:46 PM |
Re: HELP, ADVICE NEEDED 3/4 TON BRAKES
| sam49chevy | 07/10/2005 5:48 AM |
Re: HELP, ADVICE NEEDED 3/4 TON BRAKES
| Bart | 07/10/2005 11:54 PM |
Re: HELP, ADVICE NEEDED 3/4 TON BRAKES
| Highflyer | 07/13/2005 1:33 AM |
Re: HELP, ADVICE NEEDED 3/4 TON BRAKES
| Tab | 07/14/2005 5:30 AM |
Re: HELP, ADVICE NEEDED 3/4 TON BRAKES
| sam49chevy | 08/03/2005 7:30 AM | |
| |
| |