I'll admit that taking it to a station or finding access to a tire machine is the preferred way to go, but, we don't always have that option. I've changed numerous tires in my driveway. I usually wedge the tire and wheel between the reciever hitch on my truck and a floor jack and compress the tire that way to break the bead. Some are easier than others and it takes a littl finess to get the jack and tire in the right spot but it will work. Then work the tire off the wheel with a couple of smooth prybars. Its no big deal.
At the tire store (years ago) we used to do all the big truck tires by hand using a special sledge with a curved head to break the beads.
Id rather let someone else do it but I understand that sometimes there is no other option

Good luck
Bobby