Hi guys,

I am totally new to the old trucks (have a 54 belair and have had some other old cars) and I have some general questions on identification. There is an old rustbucket C10 in the back of my mechanic's shop that he is looking to unload. It looks to me to be a 64-66 but I can't tell which. It has a V8 and a floor shift manual (I am guessing the 4 spd with granny?) Where are the vin #s on these things? Is there a site where I could decode engine, options, etc? Without a vin, is there a good way to determine what kind of engine or year it is by sight? I would love to turn this thing into a daily driver if it turns out to be worth it.

One last thing, it is over 100 degrees here darn near everyday. Have any of you put aftermarket A/C in these things? Does it kill mileage and performance? What kind of cost does it generally entail?

Thanks a million for all of your answers.