After reading the posts here and Alan's (as always) outstanding educational guides on his experience I need to go and check out my work... I used the rubber stripping from Chevy Duty and the little plastic clips were well-placed for the receiving holes on the door. I used a black silicone adhesive because it seemed like it was necessary. Chevy Duty almost never includes any instructions so you're left trying to figure out the stuff you just bought. I did go to the Brother's Technical pages and found some fairly useful info BUT they state: "Weather stripping can go on either door two different ways. The correct way is with the big lip against the door lip as shown." Which is what I did...HOWEVER, on Alan's site the photo of the instruction sheet from Steele shows the larger rubber lip installed AWAY from the door lip... Man, oh man did I install it all backwards????? Sheesh.


Larry Bear

55.5 Chevy 3100 Panel
In the Stovebolt Gallery