You will probably have trouble finding a tire shop that will work on split rims. They dont know how to do it anymore.You can do it your self if you know how but you can get hurt if you dont know how. I have done my own on a one ton and didnt have any problems but I was around when these were common.Put an inline valve in your air hose so you can stand WAY back as you seat the ring. Dont use over about 40 pounds pressure to seat. Remove the valve stem so if it starts to get crooked you can unplug your air hose and let it deflate and start over. I also put a chain around the wheel just as insurance. Once you get it all seated you should inflate and deflate a few times to smooth out any wrinkles in the tube.One more thing,when you break the wheel down be carefull not to bend the snap ring out of shape. That is the main thing that will cause you problems. Good luck. By the way, tubes work just fine.


I like old trucks