NO it won't turn over by hand, I have to use a big screwdriver on the flywheel to get it to start turning, it's not timing, pulled the coil wire 1st thing, yes the starter was used for a few days on his truck & my truck.[QUOTE]Originally posted by tom telesco:
[QB]Hello to all on this great site. Maybe someone out there can point me in the right direction or to the proper place in the archives to find out an answer to a problem that I am having with the original 216 that I rebuilt. 1st of all let me start by saying that this is not the 1st engine that I have rebuilt. I have been doing this for more than 40 years, & this is the 1st one that has given me a problem like this, theres always one, & it seems to be the most simple, basic one at that. I pulled the original, 27,000 mile motor on this truck, as the oil pan had rotted out & you know what happened from there. I used all the best parts. Good aluminum cast pistons, moly rings,changed to inserts in t