| |
Click on image for the lowdown. 
====
| | |
7 members (jal12147, F100Ranger, NJC, Bruce 1954-4100, Bill Hanlon, Hotrod Lincoln, 1 invisible),
111
guests, and
4
robots. | | Key: Admin,
Global Mod,
Mod | | | Forums66 Topics128,087 Posts1,056,338 Members48,442 | | Most Online14,466 Apr 26th, 2026 | | AD Chevy Trucks Over 6,000 pictures Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips. Check them out!
Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!
| | THANKS!
For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for over 30 years! and not clogged down with Ads! Again, thanks! | |
#16827 06/08/2004 8:31 PM | Joined: Jun 2000 Posts: 2,773 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: Jun 2000 Posts: 2,773 | 10-15 is normal, I would be concerned about the 5 psi. The oil is pressure fed through the cam bearings to the valve train, while the crank depends on a splash system. Usually the low pressure is the result of worn cam bearings.
I would check the oil flow to the valve train. warm up the engine, then remove the valve cover. Oil is fed via a tube into the rocker shaft to the valves. If there is oil flowing to the valve train, I would continue running the engine, but watch the pressure.
When I had a 216 in my truck, I had problems with oil leaks and some consumption with SAE 30 oil. Switched to 20W-50, and reduced both.
Fred 52 3600 69 C-10
| | |
| |
| |