I am swapping a Warning Light Cluster for a Gauge Cluster in a 1966 Chevy, C-10. The Gauge Cluster came with the dash cluster harness, as well as a secondary harness with two factory fuse block wires with terminals and a third wire that appears to be for the factory tach.

I have installed the Gauge Cluster but I am having trouble with the correct configuration for the tachometer. There are two terminals (one gray and one brown) on the backside of the tach with threaded terminals. They appear to be factory supplied. Does the tach have polarity? Which wire goes to the coil and which terminal is it attached to (positive or negative)?

I have consulted by '66 wiring diagram and the '63 Assembly Manual/'66 Supplement Assembly Manual and information on proper installation and wiring of a tach is not detailed in these manuals.

Any advise for a proper installation would be appreciated.

LILRED66