Okee Dokee, For those that are suffering through the upholstery choice like I've been for the last few months, I got a little concrete information for ya.
If you have an AD truck with brown upholstery that has a very pronounced grain to it, then I think I've found the correct answer. I just received samples from Jim Carter of their Spanish Grain and their Grained Vinyl. The Spanish Grain is a very close match to the original texture, not perfect but very close. So close that it is very hard to notice the difference unless they are side by side and I doubt if a judge could tell the difference. The Grained Vinyl pattern is way to smooth, more like the material one would find on a soft Naugahide sofa.
So Monday morning I'm calling Chevs of the 40's for an authorization number to return the set of seat covers and matching cardboard door panels, that they have billed as "Original" when in reality they are the same as the Grained Vinyl that JC offers.
Hope this helps out with your decision as to what set you want for your restoration.
Denny Graham
Sandwich, IL


Denny G
Sandwich, IL