Just a heads up if your thinking bout ordering upholstery!
I ordered an upholstery kit from Chev’s of the 40’s and got it today. Big disappointment!!! Even though I asked the sales person about the grain, the fabric is almost smooth, oh it has a grain imprinted on it but its very weak, like what you might see on a cheap piece of furniture or bar stool at Walmart. I had them send the better door panels also which were supposed to match the fabric, The cardboard in the Wheaties box would look just as good if I painted it. It does have a vary faint grain embossed into it but you have to look real close to see it. Pretty sure I’m gonna send this stuff back.
I called Carter and she said they have the same vinyl material in the cheaper line and then they have a heavier pattern they call Spanish Grain. From her description, that sounds like what I have in my ’50, 3604. The grain is very pronounced even on the door panels. JC said they can send a sample of the Spanish Grain, I wish I would have asked for a sample in the first place.
Buyer beware!
Denny Graham
Sandwich, IL


Denny G
Sandwich, IL