My Thanks to whoever slid the original post by Chris55.1, which has a great response with pictures by Hartmte, Stovebolter #2765, up for all to see. For us with the solid seat frame, it offers a quick and inexpensive way to open up some much-needed extra cab storage space.

As a note....when you drill out the 2 rivets per bracket, you'll find that it's also been spot welded in so you'll have to cut off the protruding ends. I redrilled the holes to 1/4" to affix the new brackets....the entire modification took less than an hour and the extra space and additional cant-back makes the driving position much more enjoyable.

And while I've got the floor....my thanks to all of you who take pics and document your creative ideas. "A picture is worth a thousand words" still holds true and if you stumble on something really useful, buried in the old posts, I would recommend highlighting it. Isn't that what this site is all about?


Webshot "Tips and tricks" and "Shoebox" Photo Albums

EXPERIENCE is the best teacher...but it gives the test first...and the lesson afterwards.

"What this generation tolerates...the next will embrace"