| |
Click on image for the lowdown. 
====
| | |
8 members (Leo, wvstovebolt, SuperSport, Flint48, Red75bronco, 78buckshot, TUTS 59, 1 invisible),
85
guests, and
3
robots. | | Key: Admin,
Global Mod,
Mod | | | Forums66 Topics128,129 Posts1,056,697 Members48,454 | | Most Online14,466 Apr 26th, 2026 | | AD Chevy Trucks Over 6,000 pictures Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips. Check them out!
Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!
| | THANKS!
For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for over 30 years! and not clogged down with Ads! Again, thanks! | | | | Joined: Jan 2006 Posts: 96 Wrench Fetcher | | Wrench Fetcher Joined: Jan 2006 Posts: 96 | I just wanted to share this . I purchased new grey door panels for my 51 1300. They didn't come with the holes for the arm rests or marked in any way.I took 2 1/4 -20 nc bolts and sawed off the caps then proceded to grind the cap side to a cone shape leaving about a 1/16 flat round spot on the end.Boy they get hot fast! Then I screwed them into the door leaving them out about 1/4 inch. Then I fitted the new panel on and using my hand I applied pressure to make an indent.Remove the panel again and there will be 2 nice indents on the inside ready to drill.The fit was very precise.The drilled hole was a bit raggy but the arm rest covered it.Next time I would try a 3/8 leather punch for a cleaner hole. | | |
| |
| |