Kip, I'm thinking you may not have a stock pedal.

The pedals I've seen and the one that's in my 46 don't sound at all the same to what you're describing. Could there be that much difference between a 41 and a 46?

The one I have has a pin that runs through the bottom, hinging it to the floor. The pin is held in place with a cotter pin at the end.

About 3/4 of the way up the backside of the pedal, it has a spot for the end of the accelerator linkage rod that comes through the firewall.

The end of the linkage rod sits in a slot on the back of the pedal that has two holes, one on each side of the rod. One of these (passenger side as you look down at the pedal from the seat) is threaded. The rod itself is held in place on the back side of the pedal by a pointed (machined) screw, that runs through the pedal and the rod into the other (threaded) hole.

There are a couple of NOS pedals just listed on E-Bay tonight. I don't believe they show the backsides, but might be something to look at to see if you're even close.

This is all probably clear as mud. If it would help, I can certainly e-mail you some pictures if you want. Zip me a pm or an e-mail and let me know where to send them.

Be forewarned, I'll be gone most of the weekend for a funeral, but will get them as soon as possible.