Went to one scrap yard today. Saw some nice seats in Astro Vans , only the backs are the types that go up high (I hate that), so nix those -- the cool thing about 'em was they were HIGH off the floor! Nice bases on 'em!

Like a pal told me, look at the Lincolns and Caddy's ... he was right ... they are beautiful and very hefty seats, usually with great looking leather and nice padding, etc. ... only thing is they wouldn't allow for any kind of console -- they work like buckets, but they are BIG seats and they're really a split bench seat. I asked the guy about prices and he said any front seat (full bench) out of the Lincolns or Caddy's or the big **** luxury types would be about $100. Not bad!

I'm gonna keep lookin' though. I haven't seen anything that I'm excited about yet.

I just found out that a nearby town has a large Classics Club and evry Friday night all the old buggies come out and cruise down Main Street! So, tomorrow night, I'm gonna go cruisin' with the pack and see what info I can garner about seats and everything else.
grin


~~ Alan Horvath
1954 Chevy Pickup
Singing his praises in the
Passing Lane