Worked on the new hub cap clip a bit yesterday and this morning, I hope the pictures come thru. Started with a simple flat piece of 14 gauge, rounded the shape over a solid bar, then continued with the two bends. Checked the shape as I went with a clip on the existing rims. Overall was fairly easy to make. Only needed the one as mentioned above, but I am well pleased with how it turned out. This is not made out of spring steel, but the stiffer 14 gauge will act a lot like the 16 gauge originals that are spring steel. Again, when installing the hub caps, I will attach it to this new clip first then let the other three spring steel clips hold it solidly to the rim.

It was a fun little project, and now I have a brand new hub cap clip for the 1946 3/4 ton (with original rims). Just a note - these clips are the same for the stock 1 ton rims (at least for the AD trucks with single wheels - not dual's).

Thanks for looking! Tom
Attachments
20261008_141855.jpg (128.37 KB, 24 downloads)
hub cap clip #1
20261008_172105.jpg (107.63 KB, 26 downloads)
hub cap clip #2
20261008_172253.jpg (81.19 KB, 24 downloads)
hub cap clip #3
20261008_173326.jpg (97.13 KB, 25 downloads)
hub cap clip #4
20261008_175239.jpg (118.32 KB, 26 downloads)
hub cap clip #5
20261008_175348.jpg (104.29 KB, 27 downloads)
hub cap clip #7
20261008_175401.jpg (86.51 KB, 23 downloads)
hub cap clip #8
20261009_084948.jpg (74.48 KB, 27 downloads)
hub cap clip #9
20261009_085008.jpg (77.4 KB, 25 downloads)
hub cap clip #10