Gulf Coasters -- Check in from time to time and keep us apprised of how you're making out.

Current projections have the center of the storm passing between us and Huntsville. It is expected to have toned down to a Tropical Depression by then (Tomorrow sometime), but here in the NE corner of Alabama, we are bracing for a lot of rain and wind. We are under a flood watch -- even up here on the mountain, the creeks and gulleys can fill up fast and cause problems. I think we're ready (I have the canoe tied to the porch railing in case miss Peggy and I need to self rescue). After lunch, I'll make sure the generator is ready to go. And we're even under a threat of possible tornadoes -- yay! So even though we are well inland, we are not taking this lightly.

Who else is in the path?


~ John

A kid raised on Hotwheels, Matchbox and Tonka cannot be reasonably expected to own only one vehicle as an adult.

1949 Chevrolet 3804
In the Legacy Gallery | In the Gallery Forum
1973 IH 1310 Dump
1963 Kaiser M38A1
2001 International/AmTran RE3000 "Skoolie"
2014 Ford E-350 4x4 (Quigley)