Originally Posted by Jon G
I can't find the name but I was told a year or so ago there is a man in Phoenix (or maybe Tempe). I heard he was a very honest and capable guy. Seems like it was a simple name and very short like Bob's or Jim's...something like that. If I find it I'll post it. The guy was not young but he was supposed to be really good on manual transmissions. Not that this transmission is difficult to work on. I've done a number of them myself. Once upon a time you could still find gears and parts from Wade's Transmission & Gear here in Dallas. They do excellent work on flywheels...but they're here and not in Phoenix.



Thanks, hopefully I can find someone. I’m just looking for a mechanic in Phoenix who has experience with this type of trucks. I’ve seen plenty of good mechanics who work on these older cars, but they’re all in California.