I had the same issue with my '60 235. I wasn't able to locate another OEM pickup tube either. I used the head from a V8 style pickup and sliver soldered a sleeve on it to fit the original tube.

There were no problems other than getting the original tube clean enough to take the solder.
Attachments
20241124_142117.jpg (279.46 KB, 25 downloads)
235 Pickup Tube 2
20260425_150739.jpg (164.27 KB, 25 downloads)
Soldered Tube
20260425_150744.jpg (221.35 KB, 25 downloads)
Soldered Tube 2

Last edited by TUTS 59; 10/04/2026 1:07 AM. Reason: Add Images

~ Craig
1958 Viking 4400
"The Book of Thor"
Read the story in the DITY
1960 Chevrolet C10
"A Family Heirloom"
Follow the story in the DITY Gallery
'59 Apache 31, 327 V8 (0.030 over), Muncie M20 4 Speed, GM 10 Bolt Rear... long term project (30 years and counting)

If you don't like driving yourTruck, you won't drive yourTruck..| Living life in the SLOW lane