Compression Test per 1954 page 6-17.
Compression test

1s test

Cylinder #1 - 110 psi
Cylinder #2 - 80 psi
Cylinder #3 - 110 psi
Cylinder #4 - 125 psi
Cylinder #5 - 125
Cylinder #6 - 100 psi

2nd test with a little oil

Cylinder #1 -
Cylinder #2 - 80 psi
Cylinder #3 -
Cylinder #4 -
Cylinder #5 -
Cylinder #6 - 110 psi

I would have finished checking the 1954 235 engine but 2 different starters smoked. 4 compression strokes per cylinder test and then rest for a few minutes. I need to rebuild the starters anyway. Per 12-21. As far as the engine rings and or valves leak. I have never heard this engine run. Oil is ok not green or brown. Jims Automotive Machine in Brunswick has 2 of my 848 heads he is machining for me. I plan on having him machine this 235 and if needed install a set of 30 under for the crank that I purchased from The Filling Station. Thoughts.

Thanks Shade Baby

PS thats a 53 low presurre head.
Attachments
IMG_6167.jpeg (402.32 KB, 73 downloads)

Last edited by Shade Baby; 10/01/2026 3:11 PM.

1950 Model 3104 5-Window
"Back In Time"
Follow in the DITY