| |
Click on image for the lowdown. 
====
| | |
9 members (wilbur53, KEVINSKI, Wayne67vert, Lostbuthaulinass, Otto Skorzeny, 1955 1 Series, Peggy M, tclederman, 1 invisible),
104
guests, and
3
robots. | | Key: Admin,
Global Mod,
Mod | | | Forums66 Topics128,142 Posts1,056,478 Members48,441 | | Most Online14,466 Apr 26th, 2026 | | AD Chevy Trucks Over 6,000 pictures Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips. Check them out!
Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!
| | THANKS!
For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for over 30 years! and not clogged down with Ads! Again, thanks! | | | | Joined: Apr 2016 Posts: 1,049 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: Apr 2016 Posts: 1,049 | I have been kicking this can down the road for a while. On my 53 3100 I have a Frankland Quick Change with a Bicknell torque arm. I'm running leaf springs with a light coilover in the rear with a panhard bar. I'm thinking about changing the spring frame mount to a modern style width and using a standard perch and spring. If I go with the old narrow spring I'm pretty much guaranteeing a custom made spring to suit my needs. Miscalculate and eat it. No returns. If I go with modern width springs they already make a wide range of rates. Please keep posting.
Last edited by mick53; 10/01/2026 2:12 AM.
Old enough to know better, too young to resist.
| | |
| |
| |