| |
Click on image for the lowdown. 
====
| | | Forums66 Topics128,101 Posts1,056,175 Members48,436 | | Most Online14,466 Apr 26th, 2026 | | AD Chevy Trucks Over 6,000 pictures Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips. Check them out!
Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!
| | THANKS!
For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for over 30 years! and not clogged down with Ads! Again, thanks! | | | | Joined: Nov 2021 Posts: 1,382 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: Nov 2021 Posts: 1,382 | I doubt that not having a ballast resistor would result in the problems you are experiencing but others will be along to give you a more concise answer.
That being said the combination of sooty plugs and the run quality issues you describe sound more like carburetor problems. I know you say the fuel system is good but I would double check that you are not over fueling. | | |
| |
| |