This isn't really a "Parts Wanted" post. Mostly looking for advice on locating a good core for rebuilding. Seems like getting one of these old engines line bored is a problem, at least in my area. Either shops don't have the expertise and equipment, or they just don't have any interest in a job like this. So I'm thinking finding a new block is the simplest solution to my problem. The engine is for a '54 truck but the current engine is a '55 passenger car block. From what I've learned the best choice would be a '56-'62 block since the bearings are available, but a '54 or '55 would be OK since slots for the tangs can be cut without too much difficulty.
Will be heading to Fall Carlisle next week and was wondering what I should really be looking for in a core other than it not being locked up. Thanks in advance!
Tom
Last edited by Gdads51; 09/21/2026 1:35 PM. Reason: add detail to title