| |
Click on image for the lowdown. 
====
| | | Forums66 Topics128,110 Posts1,056,251 Members48,437 | | Most Online14,466 Apr 26th, 2026 | | AD Chevy Trucks Over 6,000 pictures Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips. Check them out!
Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!
| | THANKS!
For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for over 30 years! and not clogged down with Ads! Again, thanks! | | | | Joined: Feb 2016 Posts: 1,989 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: Feb 2016 Posts: 1,989 | I like MAE Omni. Easy to spray and quick drying. Acrylic enamel with hardener. Also inexpensive. I painted my truck with it and it is doing fine. Nicely resistant to chipping and still can be sanded/polished. Touch ups are easy. I expect it will be fine for 10 or more years. I've even used it for running boards and bed strips. 3 coats are good with this paint.
40+ years ago I painted it with Imron (hardened polyurethane originally created by Du Pont in the early 70s). 2 coats. That stuff is not as easy to spray (it is thicker) but will last a very long time. Also more expensive...especially red colors. But in truth any hard paint will chip easily.
Good luck! Acrylic enamel with hardener was always my "go-to", still use it for many items. The Acrylic Urethane is just as easy to apply and covers in 2-3 coats, it is a thinner product than the AE but you get used to it pretty quickly.
1957 Chevrolet 5700 LCF 283 SM420 2 speed rear, 1955 IH 300U T/A, 1978 Corvette 350 auto, 1978 Yamaha DT175, 1999 Harley Davidson Softail Fat Boy
| | |
| |
| |