| |
Click on image for the lowdown. 
====
| | |
9 members (Hotrod Lincoln, Otto Skorzeny, CuzzFuzz, Shaffer's1950, SlimSix, TrknGMC, homer52, 2 invisible),
95
guests, and
3
robots. | | Key: Admin,
Global Mod,
Mod | | | Forums66 Topics128,139 Posts1,056,451 Members48,441 | | Most Online14,466 Apr 26th, 2026 | | AD Chevy Trucks Over 6,000 pictures Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips. Check them out!
Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!
| | THANKS!
For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for over 30 years! and not clogged down with Ads! Again, thanks! | | | | Joined: Sep 2013 Posts: 1,365 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: Sep 2013 Posts: 1,365 | Interesting and timely info Jerry. I'm currently changing the oil pump on one of my long time vehicles. Problem is and soon to be was too much oil pressure, as in 100 psi cold (or more, pegs gauge) and 80 psi hot. I built the engine back in '89 thinking I wanted a long lasting street driving engine, set all the oil clearances up on the lower end of specs. Lunati balanced it and 37 years later it's still a very smooth running, happy to rev engine with all of 5,500 miles on it. Back in '89 the smart (not so much in reality) thing to do was change the pressure relief spring in the oil pump, so I did. Now I'm thinking I really don't want to wear out or shear the drive gear on the distributor shaft and wind up walking and then building another engine. This little project of changing the M72 pump out has turned into more than a day job with all the "while I'm at it details" but it's time well spent that could've been avoided by not trying to reinvent the wheel or in this case, oil pump. Too much oil pressure isn't necessarily a good thing.
RonR
1951 3600 with Clark flatbed, T5, 4.10 rear 1970 340 Duster 1990 5.0 V8 Miata (1990 Mustang Gt Drivetrain) 1964 CJ5
| | |
| |
| |