I just purchased the boatswain blue paint for the 37. It is PPG versalon ALK-200. It appears there are quite a few choices of same brand primers, so looking for advice for a semi novice. It’s been years, but I have done a couple paint jobs… And more than likely didn’t do them correctly back then. lol. There was minimal amount of rust and welding, and pretty minimal amount of Bondo used, but there is some. I used rustoleum, automotive sandable primer to spray as I went to prevent rust. Do I need to sand back down to mostly bare metal for an epoxy primer? I did use the same primer under spots of bondo. How much time minimum and maximum before recoating with final color? Is it recommended to sand in between? I am intending to plastic off a portion of the shop for a spray booth and it’s certainly too hot to consider spraying yet so gathering information so I can plan.


Larry
Old man᠁Old truck᠁neither one goes very fast. All you need in life is TIME, PATIENCE and MONEY.
If you are missing one component, you'll need an abundance of the others two.