A little update on the brakes. I cleaned the master cylinder and put a new kit in it. I disconnected the brake lines at each wheel and at the HydroVac, injected alcohol in the main line and chased it with compressed air, injected brake cleaner in the line and chased it with compressed air. I let the truck sit for a couple of days with the lines disconnected to make sure all of the solvent had evaporated. I had the wheel cylinders capped to keep out contaminants. I then put it all back together and did a one man bleed, very solid pedal now with one application, I will do a final bleed when someone other than my wife can help. For now I'm happy with the results. The issue was definitely in the master cylinder.


1957 Chevrolet 5700 LCF 283 SM420 2 speed rear, 1955 IH 300U T/A, 1978 Corvette 350 auto, 1978 Yamaha DT175, 1999 Harley Davidson Softail Fat Boy