| |
Click on image for the lowdown. 
====
| | | Forums66 Topics128,090 Posts1,056,345 Members48,442 | | Most Online14,466 Apr 26th, 2026 | | AD Chevy Trucks Over 6,000 pictures Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips. Check them out!
Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!
| | THANKS!
For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for over 30 years! and not clogged down with Ads! Again, thanks! | | | | Joined: Jun 2018 Posts: 94 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: Jun 2018 Posts: 94 | Hi all, I'm planning on doing a T5 swap in my '54 3600 w/ 4 speed SM420. I have been in contact with Lugnutz and he's been a huge help. I happen to be away from home but not far from him so I was hoping to pick a transmission up from him while in the area. There are a couple of questions about the swap that we're not 100% clear on how to get it done so I figured I'd see what some of you might have to say.
1. The biggest concern is the driveshaft. The stock shaft is a 2 piece design. In order to fit the longer T5 the forward drivesaft going from the transmission to the hanger bearing will need to be shortened approximately 15". Will that be a problem? Like I said, I'm away from home and can't go out and measure what I have.
2. What conversion u-joing is udes between the T5 and stock driveshat? OR will the stock yoke on the shaft need to be changed?
3. What modifications will need to be made to the shifter in its new position?
Thanks for all the help. Pictures would be a huge help if anyone has any. Thanks!
Tom
1954 3600 Stakebed non-original engine out of a '55 passenger car with powerglide
| | |
| |
| |