Niels - Just an update note that I corrected my previous vehicle applications information reply above.

I listed the GM# 3654573 as being used originally on Chevrolet trucks too, but on further investigation found they are passenger car only items. As Kevin (klhansen) mentioned above, and others have let me know separately, the bracket for the dash mounted parking brake release that looks similar on the Art Deco and AD series trucks are stamped steel and not cast like the passenger car pieces. They also carry a different part number.

Sorry if my info mislead you and anyone else. frown

I did find a YouTube video showing a 1948 passenger car getting a replacement hood release cable and snagged a picture showing the mount attached to the underside of the dash which I've attached below for informational purposes.
Attachments


~ Dan
1951 Chevy 3 window 3100
Follow this story in the DITY Gallery
"My Grandpa Carl's Truck and How it Became Mine"
1966 Chevelle (Wife's Hot Rod) | 2013 Chevy Silverado (Current daily driver)
US Army MSG Retired (1977-1998) | Com Fac Maint Lead Tech Retired (1998-2021)