Thanks for all the responses.

I had seen that Brass Works listed 3113455 as a 2" core for a 1939. My radiator does show "39 K" just above where the "3113455" is stamped into the tank. I was not too worried as to whether or not it would cool my 235 engine, as I don't see me working the truck very hard. Also, I thought that there was a possibility that it was actually the original radiator that had been installed in the truck as the "39 K" on the radiator makes me think it was manufactured in November of 1939, and the truck ID tag indicates that the truck was assembled in December of 1939. Also...the radiator fit where it was supposed to. So all that together made me think that it was good enough to be worth trying.

I did call the "local" radiator shop that was recommended as the closest that could test my radiator and either fix it or declare it dead. They are 132 miles away! They listened to what I had to say about my radiator and since it is a couple of hours drive to get there to drop it off and again to pick it up, and since their rate is $162.50/hour (said it would probably be a minimum of 1 hour to assess its condition), that unless I am absolutely wanting to stay with the radiator I have for originality's sake, they said that it might make the most $$ sense to purchase a new radiator. (Again, if I find that the engine runs as well as the story that came with the project, purchasing a new radiator will sit a lot more comfortably than purchasing one for an untested engine.)

From the responses, it looks as though I should either solder the leaks in the tank or epoxy them. Since one of the leaks is close to the tank/core seam, I would assume that there is the concern about messing up the seal between the tank and core.

If I epoxy the leaks, so far it looks as though Marine Tex is the recommendation. Is there a specific Marine Tex that would be the best guess? Any other suggestions based upon experience?

I have attached photos of the ID stamp on the radiator, of the two spots that are known to be leaking (surrounded in red grease pencil), of the overall front and back of the unit, and of the radiator as seen from the front behind the grille.

I really do appreciate all the suggestions and comments!
Attachments
IMG_9751.JPG (294.87 KB, 81 downloads)
IMG_9785.JPG (213.58 KB, 81 downloads)
IMG_9788.JPG (306.81 KB, 81 downloads)
IMG_9803.JPG (440.58 KB, 81 downloads)
IMG_9804.JPG (468.67 KB, 81 downloads)
Showing Top Tank and Filler Neck.JPG (234.44 KB, 81 downloads)


Nick
1940 KC Model 1/2 Ton Pickup Project
(with '37-'39 Bed and what we think is a '42-'46 Frame)
Taos, New Mexico