Originally Posted by Gdads51
Can you snap and post pictures of the TM with FSN/NSN's??? There are on-line resources to acquire more details searching by those numbers that might help locate appropriate rings for your needs.

I did a little web snooping and found the following for sale "270" piston ring sets that might be worth further investigation. wink

GMC truck piston rings 256 &270 engine .010 1942 1946 1947 1950 1951 1952 1956 (GMC# 2104772)

GMC CCKW Piston ring set .020'' 270 Engine (FSN/NSN: 2805-00-176-4064 - aka GMC# 2104970)

I can try to help with more research if you can provide the TM pictures. smile

These TM's are old enough (1942) that they predate the use of FSN/NSN numbers. The part numbers in the manuals are just GM part numbers.
The links you sent are some of the parts I've run across doing searches. The trick is finding a matching set of pistons & rings that match the bore I have. I may have found a set in Europe that will work for the .020 o/s block. The other block is already at .060 o/s, which is the max o/s that were factory supplied. My only options there are find a set of .080 o/s rings that can be used with the EGGE pistons, or sleeve all 6 cylinders back to a smaller size that I can find a set of matching pistons & rings.

Last edited by G508; 01/18/2026 4:33 PM.