I found this for a 1959 fleetside...Don’t know if this will help but here goes. I just spent the last
six months looking for the correct measurements for a 59 fleetside pick-up, it
appears no one has them or those that do don’t want to share. After getting a
person known only to me as wonder truck at chevytalk.com to measure his bed wood
I have deducted that these are the measurements. Wonder truck measured from
center bolt to center bolt. They are as follows 4 1/2, 5 1/2, 5 1/2, 7 1/2, 5
1/2, 7 1/2, 7 1/2, 5 1/2, 7 1/2, 5 1/2, 5 1/2, 4 1/2 which totals the bed width
72 in. I deducted 3/8 in between each bed wood plank and came up with these
measurements. 4 5/16 before and behind the wheel tub, 5 1/8 before and behind
the wheel tub, 5 1/8, 7 1/8, 5 1/8, 7 1/8, 7 1/8, 5 1/8, 7 1/8, 5 1/8, 5 1/8
before and behind the wheel tub, 4 5/15 before and behind wheel tub. I am told
that this is considered a 16 board setup. I have had several people that
advertised bed wood for sale everything from 10, 12, 14 board kits that will fit
but since I want the bed wood correct I kept searching for the correct
measurements. I believe that these are the correct measurements.


~ BD.
"You won't find me in an old folks home" Pioneer Florida Cracker
1958 Apache Stepside
1958 Apache 1/2 ton Panel
1959 Apache 1/2 ton Panel