I'm not sure how many of you have tackled this, but thought I would get your ideas. I acquired this 1956 Chevy 3100 this past summer. I have begun restoration such as removing hood, grill and one fender to start sanding. Although the body is in great shape there is SO MUCH surface rust I am finding the sanding (80, 150 and 200 grit) to be pretty tiresome. I have used OSPHOS solution many times before on another restoration project that supposedly turns rust back into metal, but you really need to knock all the heavy rust off first. I'm thinking there ought to be some type of solution to spray on, let set, power spray off then prime? Sand/media blasting is out as there are NO close operations.

Any ideas or possible solutions would be greatly appreciated.

Last edited by Gdads51; 11/07/2025 4:10 PM. Reason: add detail to title