Final update. As you know I purchased a third exterior visor, this one from Dynacorn. I took it to three different installers. The first was a paint and body shop that does very nice work but no real specialty with classics. The second shop was a classic restoration shop. Those first two said the first two visors did not fit and could not be installed. The first attempt had made modifications to the visor so it could not be returned. The second visor I told the paint and body shop not to make any modifications before telling me if it would fit. They called and said it would not fit. I thought at least I could return it. I packed it up took it to UPS and found out the return shipping cost barely $10 dollars less than the price of the visor. I about gave up. Sort of. A month or so passed and I decided to give it one more try. I ordered a third visor from Dynacorn. I was told it was made in USA. It arrived and looks exactly like the second one. In the meantime I had located a third source for the installation and went to have a talk with them. Turns out it was a small shop near by called Kountry Klassics that does paint and body including classic vehicles. I ask about installing the visor on my 1956 and he said "no problem" so I showed him the visor and he said he had done several of them. I got a call from him today and he said it won't fit. I immediately drove over to see what the problem was. He was the first one to identify the problem and explain it. Turns out when I had a new windshield installed I also upgraded the seal around the glass with the chrome pieces that upgrade the truck part way to the "Deluxe" model. That rubber seal and the grove in it for the metal strip where taking up too much space and would not let the visor fit in place. The only fix would be to remove the windshield and the seal and then replace the windshield with original seal with no chrome. He went on to say it could have been done when the new windshield was first installed. SO, I quit! I'm not going to that expense. Lesson learned? 1. plan ahead when other parts are involved, 2. keep looking until you find someone actually experienced in what you want done. Anyone interested in two new visors that are too expensive to return ship? 😀


1956 3100 three speed 6 cyl. Stock with a few upgrades.