| |
Click on image for the lowdown. 
====
| | | Forums66 Topics128,094 Posts1,056,157 Members48,436 | | Most Online14,466 Apr 26th, 2026 | | AD Chevy Trucks Over 6,000 pictures Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips. Check them out!
Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!
| | THANKS!
For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for over 30 years! and not clogged down with Ads! Again, thanks! | | | | Joined: Aug 2005 Posts: 6,377 Ex Hall Monitor | | Ex Hall Monitor Joined: Aug 2005 Posts: 6,377 | Option 4: (the one I use on this computer) Just carry on with what you have. I'm writing this on a 64bit Win7 desktop. I have Windows Defender anti virus (still updates and is free) and Malwarebytes (updates and is NOT free). So far no issues. I have noticed a tiny bit of loss of function on Facebook but nothing that really affects anything (the like/love/care/wow/ etc. icons work but only like/love icons show-the rest are there but the icons don't show unless clicked on). Firefox works normally with Win7 and is updated regularly although I did have to go to a different version of FF that is intended for corporate use. The functionality of FF on Win7 and Win11 seems to be identical to my un-tech eye. Windows Updater still updates periodically but I have no clue what it's updating. It creates a restore point when it does. I only go to trusted sites and don't click on any email links (good policy on any computer). My laptop has Win11 but with a Win7 shell so that I can work it. Win10 and 11 are Greek to me. Open Shell makes it look and work like Win7. I realize Win7 will lose functionality bit by bit and eventually break. So far that point seems pretty far off. I would assume Win10 will work fine for some time.
Save a life, adopt a senior shelter pet. The three main causes of blindness: Cataracts, Politics, Religion. Name your dog Naked so you can walk Naked in the park.
| | |
| |
| |