Craig, I believe the '51 and later style spare mounts can be installed on an earlier truck. Although access to those is not easy either. I recall ripping the spare tire out from underneath a '72 K10 I had when I was gathering firewood. A stump I ran over did the deed. A lot of people here in Alaska back in the 70s installed front mount spares, but they blocked the radiator airflow and subjected the truck to increased damage in the event of what would normally be a bumper tap accident. I never used one of those.


Kevin
1951 Chevy 3100 work truck
Follow this saga in Project Journal
Photos
1929 Ford pickup restored from the ground up. | 1929 Ford Special Coupe (First car)
Busting rust since the mid-60's
If you're smart enough to take it apart, you darn well better be smart enough to put it back together.