I recently purchased a 1958 Apache 3100 and the seller mentioned that it was not the original engine. Based on casting numbers, what I have is a 1955 235 with an 848 head. The engine runs great (sans some oil leaks which I'm addressing).

Apparently, the way someone got the '55 engine mount to fit was by using a torch to cut rudimentary holes into the front crossmember. But those are on the beveled portion of the crossmember, so the engine mount wants to sit at a slant. Neither the bolts that hold the mount to the frame, nor the engine mounting bolts had nuts on them - the front of the engine was just resting in place. Further, the front lip of the mount tilts up to within a hair of the harmonic balancer.

Does anyone know of an adaptor or kit that can be purchased to correctly install the '55 engine mount into my '58 frame?