‘37-39 are interchangeable (stands are not). ‘40 was the first year for sealed beams with the small diameter. I’m not sure you have original headlight buckets. Could be the angle and not able to see the profile. The rings should be stainless (doesn’t rust) and pulls together at the bottom with a horizontal screw and doesn’t have a visible screw at the top to mount. Regardless, when turn signals came out in ‘40 aftermarket companies went after the business and I’ve seen a lot of pod marker lights added to earlier buckets on all vehicle brands. In my opinion, which doesn’t amount to a lot I don’t like the looks of the sealed beam aftermarket kits that were used on earlier buckets as it loses the profile of the big iconic lenses. I purchased new tilt ray lenses from the filling station and reproduction reflectors with halogen bulbs from Jim Carter…
Attachments
IMG_2125.jpeg (140.19 KB, 35 downloads)

Last edited by 37 GC; 07/25/2025 3:54 PM.

Larry
Old man᠁Old truck᠁neither one goes very fast. All you need in life is TIME, PATIENCE and MONEY.
If you are missing one component, you'll need an abundance of the others two.