| |
Click on image for the lowdown. 
====
| | | Forums66 Topics128,138 Posts1,056,440 Members48,441 | | Most Online14,466 Apr 26th, 2026 | | AD Chevy Trucks Over 6,000 pictures Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips. Check them out!
Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!
| | THANKS!
For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for over 30 years! and not clogged down with Ads! Again, thanks! | | | | Joined: Aug 2005 Posts: 277 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: Aug 2005 Posts: 277 | My first try was with silicon lubricant. I went back and tried liquid dish soap with no success. I can get about an inch inserted at most. My rubber strip has a steel insert and is not flexible. This prevents you from sliding the insert straight in. You can get things started but the slight angle of the insert to the bar prevents you from continuing the slide in.
My thought is to remove the inner edge of the insert groove so that it will lay or press into the channel. I can then secure it with adhesive or a bonding agent.
Any thoughts? Am I still missing something?
Thanks for your help. | | |
| |
| |