Peggy I worked alongside Samaritan's Purse for several years. I was a team leader on chair saw crews with the the Maryland Delaware Baptist Association Disaster Relief. We did flood and hurricane relief up and down the East coast. Samaritan's Purse was usually the first ones in and last ones out.

You sparked my interest and so I looked up some stats. on both organizations. You are right about Samaritan's board of directors as far as pay is concerned but they're not out of line with most big tax exempt organizations.

Turns out the Salvation Army (which I supported for years) gives out 85% of their funds in aid while Samaritan's Purse gives out 90%. The Red Cross also comes out at 90% but a lot of that money goes to programs and training and such.

I live here in central Texas about 90 miles north of Kerrville and we got 10 inches of rain but are rural and not near any rivers so no danger of flooding

https://www.samaritanspurse.org/article/deadly-flooding-hits-central-texas/


https://www.samaritanspurse.org/

Last edited by MickeyP; 08/30/2025 12:30 PM.

1956 3100 three speed 6 cyl. Stock with a few upgrades.