I did a bunch of research into the two different sizes of GMC rod small ends & piston pins and posted the results in the "parts wanted" portion of this forum back in December of last year. We found the necessary rod and I updated the post to "found" which caused it to be eliminated. I no longer have the information either, but I am sure it would answer the question. I have sent an email to the guy I was helping to find a rod pin asking if he still has the details.
If I remember correctly, the rod had the same casting number for either size little end.
Question for Admin, Global Mod and Mod: Can a deleted post to the parts wanted section of the forum be recovered? Post in question was by me on Dec 28, 2024.
Last edited by Bill Hanlon; 07/08/2025 2:32 PM.
'57 GMC 102, Original 347 V8, HydraMatic, 3.08 rear gear, added A/C, disk front brakes, HEI, AFB carb, '98 Honda Black Currant paint. T-boned and totaled 10/12 '52 GMC 152 Stake Bed, Original 228, SM420, added A/C, HEI, disk front brakes, '67 Chev 3.55 rear gear. Gets used as a real truck.
|