Hey there fellas, thanks for the suggestions. It appears the truck and I are a pretty good match, missing a few key pieces that'd make us work a little better. Unless I'm brain-dead, there sure isn't a return spring mounted for the brake pedal anywhere, and I'm kind of at a loss to where it would be. It comes so close to the firewall, I'm trying to picture where in the world it would mount.It shares the shaft with the clutch, but from there, not a spring to be found. Of course the pedal has quite a throw to it, but it comes so close....I guess I'd better spend some real time looking for a hole in the pedal shaft and an anchor point for the spring. Everything appears to be stock or close to it, and the drawings and descriptions in the shop manual match what's there, but again in the manual-no mention of a spring. LT, that rubber tube trick or tack welding a 4 or 5" piece of metal to that area of the pedal shaft is probably my best bet until the spring ferry leaves me a present under my pillow. Thanks again!