| |
Click on image for the lowdown. 
====
| | | Forums66 Topics128,107 Posts1,056,225 Members48,436 | | Most Online14,466 Apr 26th, 2026 | | AD Chevy Trucks Over 6,000 pictures Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips. Check them out!
Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!
| | THANKS!
For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for over 30 years! and not clogged down with Ads! Again, thanks! | | | | Joined: Oct 2014 Posts: 142 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: Oct 2014 Posts: 142 | I have done this conversion on one of my trucks and it's not really that hard but might be a little expensive depending on your access to a machine shop and driveline shop. Once you enlarge the hole in the bell housing the 465 will bolt in then the drive shaft will need to be shorten just a bit or I did on my truck. When you get finished underneath you will have to modify the bolt in portion of the floorboard. The 465 is taller and the shifter is a little father back. The SM420 is a good trans. the only reason I switched was I had a 465 on hand and didn't want to rebuild the 420. Hope this helps. | | |
| |
| |