| |
Click on image for the lowdown. 
====
| | |
1 members (baldeagle),
158
guests, and
2
robots. | | Key: Admin,
Global Mod,
Mod | | | Forums66 Topics128,110 Posts1,056,241 Members48,437 | | Most Online14,466 Apr 26th, 2026 | | AD Chevy Trucks Over 6,000 pictures Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips. Check them out!
Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!
| | THANKS!
For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for over 30 years! and not clogged down with Ads! Again, thanks! | | | | Joined: Jul 2014 Posts: 892 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: Jul 2014 Posts: 892 | I have an SM465 sitting on the shop floor along with all the parts to bolt it to a SBC or a BBC for that matter. It's been sitting there for 20 years waiting for me to make the conversion or buy a later truck needing it. I though about adapting it to the 235 several times but it was soooo much easier to overhaul the SM420 that I never got around to it. I'm now old enough that I no longer see the point of either a V8 or the 465 adaptation. If it was a Spicer 5 speed OD, well then maybe... But then I can run 60-65 MPH all day comfortably now so what's the point. I long ago put a reverse light switch next to the mirror-heat switch with a couple of pilot lights. 1951 3800 1-ton"Earning its keep from the get-go"In the DITY Gallery1962 261 (w/cam, Fenton headers, 2 carbs, MSD ign.), SM420 & Brown-Lipe 6231A 3spd aux. trans, stock axles & brakes. Owned since 1971. | | |
| |
| |