I had a friend send me a video of one of the laser rust remover gizmos that a shop he visited had. He said it worked real well, but the owner said it cost like $15,000. big_eek

IMO you're not going to get a decent welder for $100, except maybe a cheapo flux core welder. That was my first machine many years ago.

I doubt it would weld much more than maybe some sheet metal. My 120V MIG machine (~100A max capacity IIRC) isn't really powerful enough for more than sheet metal. I use my Tombstone Lincoln 225A for that kind of stuff.

But you can blow in $100 and be our tester. wink

Be careful about ordering from some unknown website. Use a credit card that you can dispute the charge when they stiff you or you start seeing bogus charges.


Kevin
1951 Chevy 3100 work truck
Follow this saga in Project Journal
Photos
1929 Ford pickup restored from the ground up. | 1929 Ford Special Coupe (First car)
Busting rust since the mid-60's
If you're smart enough to take it apart, you darn well better be smart enough to put it back together.