I've been seeing a lot of pop up adds lately for hand held stick welders/laser welders/cutters. They're all priced about $80-100. It seems like a cool idea ... but ... they're all Chinese and what few user ratings they have seem to be bot generated. (5 stars just because it was quick shipping???)

My "portable" welder is doing fine (its portable if I slide it into the tractor bucket...) ... But these things are tempting to try to see if they're anygood (free returns at Walmart smile ) but anyone have any thoughts or feedback on these things?

I'm guess they're cheap for a reason ...


~ John

A kid raised on Hotwheels, Matchbox and Tonka cannot be reasonably expected to own only one vehicle as an adult.

1949 Chevrolet 3804
In the Legacy Gallery | In the Gallery Forum
1973 IH 1310 Dump
1963 Kaiser M38A1
2001 International/AmTran RE3000 "Skoolie"
2014 Ford E-350 4x4 (Quigley)