I've learned that you are better off having a spring shop make the ubolts for you with your old ones. I ordered a set of custom u-bolts from I think michigan spring for my 67 front axle swap and they sent me some that are 3in longer than what I ordered and by the time I realized it was too late to send them back so I will find out if they are short enough when I finish making the new top plates. I just did a add-a-leaf in the rear of my daily driver truck since the leafs were worn out and I wanted to get a little more height out of it and I had my local spring shop bend me up some new ubolts. It was only about 5 bucks more than ordering them after shipping costs and with these I knew that they were right plus I would rather support a local business and these guys have always been nice.
1967 Chevy c50 327 w/ sm465 5000Ib front 15k 2 speed rear w/ 22k springs, single axle, hydraulic brakes
|