| |
Click on image for the lowdown. 
====
| | | Forums66 Topics128,133 Posts1,056,395 Members48,441 | | Most Online14,466 Apr 26th, 2026 | | AD Chevy Trucks Over 6,000 pictures Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips. Check them out!
Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!
| | THANKS!
For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for over 30 years! and not clogged down with Ads! Again, thanks! | | | | Joined: Mar 2023 Posts: 120 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: Mar 2023 Posts: 120 | I’ve attempted to replace the capillary tube and sending unit on my original gauge using a donor gauge. YouTube has a couple videos on how to do it using a section of copper tube from an oil pressure line as a slip sleeve soldered in place. Has anyone done this successfully??? I keep getting a small pin hole on the last joint where I can smell the Ether leaking out. Maybe I shouldn’t use flux core solder? During the process the sending unit is submerged in ice water to draw all the Ether to the bulb. If I could find a good usable gauge with a good capillary tube I would abandon the fix attempt. Any help is greatly appreciated. Bob
1946 Chevy 1/2 ton "patina" pickup with a 1953 235 engine, otherwise all stock and unmolested!
| | |
| |
| |